Sep 15, 2012
There is an immediate opening at the Bank of Montreal.
Bank of Montreal is looking for a senior development lead with 10 years experience in software design and development. Desirable experience with Salesforce.com development.
1. This will be a permanent position.
2. Location/ City - Toronto downtown
3. Department - Technology and Development (software development)
4. Short Job Description - see job posting
5. Where to apply, an email or website link for online application - go to bmo.com and
Search for job id = 104775
6. The Cover letter and resume to be addressed - Sumitabh Kansal
For further information on this posting please contact Brij Sharma at email@example.com or call at 647-808-0498
Sept 11, 2012
New Job Posting:
Graduate Opportunities at AMEC NSS
THIS POSTING IS FOR 2013 GRADUATES. Please note that we have completed our graduate recruitment campaign for 2012.
AMEC (London Stock Exchange: AMEC) is a focused supplier of high-value consultancy, engineering and project management services to the world’s oil and gas, minerals and metals, clean energy, water and environmental sectors. With annual revenues of almost £3.3 billion, AMEC designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers. The company employs more than 29,000 people in around 40 countries worldwide.
We are a member of the AMEC family of companies and have clients both inside and outside of Canada. Our areas of expertise include engineering analysis, safety analysis and assessment, multi-disciplinary engineering support, operational safety support, risk management, front-end safety design, project management, and on-site engineering and plant operations support.
You will be a member of a number of multi-disciplined teams in the Engineering Design & Projects, Engineering Components and Services, Technical Support Services or Commercial Operations groups.
The work involves performing safety and engineering analyses, and conducting engineering design using state-of-the-art engineering software and methodologies, and interfacing with other engineering disciplines. Staff will be involved in the preparation of documents in support of regulatory and licensing submissions. Employees will also assist senior engineers and project managers in providing technical interface with specialist regulatory staff and utility clients, participate in the development, verification, testing, documentation and validation of computer codes used in safety and engineering analysis, participate in the development of new analytical methods and models, contribute to design engineering and analysis work for nuclear power plants, conventional power plants and other process industries, provide technical direction of experimental research programs related to safety and licensing issues, and provide fitness for service assessments for components and plants. Major areas of effort include the provision of technical services in support of the safe operation of nuclear power plants, as well as large scale reactor refurbishment projects and the building of new nuclear power plants.
The successful candidate is expected to have sound fundamental knowledge of engineering and science principles; applicants with post-graduate degrees are also strongly encouraged to apply. The position is suitable for candidates with superior analytical and problem solving skills, as well as an aptitude in numerical/computational analysis. Candidates with advanced knowledge in various disciplines, such as computational fluid dynamics, two-phase flow and heat transfer, engineering material properties, stress analyses, fracture mechanics, electrical, mechanical or civil design engineering, risk assessment and physics are highly desirable. Additional experience or exposure to Project Management and Scheduling is also desirable. Excellent written and oral communication, time management, and interpersonal skills are required. You are innovative, enthusiastic and ready to join a new company and be part of our dynamic team.
You will be provided with extensive training in plant process design and operation, the use of analysis software and analysis methods, and Project Management. During the initial employment period (lasting up to two years), new employees will be given the opportunity to work in a number of technical areas and may, for a specified period (nominally 6 months or greater), work at one of our client sites.
A minimum of a 4-year university degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Civil, Materials, or Nuclear Engineering, Engineering Science, Physics, Mathematics or equivalent is required.
AMEC NSS is located in Toronto as our base of operations; however we offer on-site assignments at our various client plant-based locations. We offer a competitive and comprehensive salary and benefits package.
Instructions for applying:
Qualified applicants, please apply directly on-line by October 12, 2012 including a cover letter, resume and recent transcripts (in a single file attachment).
To apply, please visit: http://am.amecnet.com/careers/35.aspx
Keyword Search: 10318BR
Please ensure you include all the required information in order to be considered for this
opportunity. Also, please note only those candidates considered for an interview will be
AMEC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment.
By submitting your personal profile and resume, you consent to AMEC sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.
Dear IITAC Members,
If you are interested in any of the following Jobs.
Let me know if you are not able to open any attachment/ Job Description or you need any other help.
you can reach me through email or call me on my cell.
With Best regards,
Posted on July 11, 2012_____________________________________________________________________
Do you have anyone you know of for this requirement. Salary can be upto 150 or 160k with a bonus opporutnity of 20 to 40% and all other statutory benefit. Canadian citizens welcome!!! will i get response from IEEE in Canada for this job?
Thanks for your help
Rajeswari (Raji) Ramanan
Talent Management, Diversity & Inclusion
Iberdrola USA Management Corporation
89 East Avenue, 7th Floor, Rochester, New York 14649
Telephone 585 724 8718
Cell 585 353 3362
Fax 585 771 4479
Company: Iberdrola USA (IUSA)
Department: Asset Management and Planning
Job Title: Director – Distribution and Investment Planning
Reports to: Mary R. Smith (Vice President – Asset Management and Planning)
Salary Grade: 10
Cross Company Responsibility: Yes
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Engineering/Business required.
- Master degree in Engineering or Engineering/Business preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of supervisory and managerial experience (internal or external).
- Experience creating and managing budgets and investments plans, including prioritization.
- Experience in providing thorough, accurate and meaningful reports to various levels of the organization.
- Experience in electric distribution system planning.
- Thorough knowledge related to CapEx of Company accounting, budgeting, and financial requirements.
- Experience in electric distribution planning tools such as CYMDist, CYMTCC, ARREMETE, PSSE, PSLF, Spectrum, GIS, and other cutting edge tools for planning.
- Experience with working in an international matrix environment
- P.E. or equivalent license desired.
- Excellent capital investment planning capabilities, gas and electric, 345 kV and below.
- Effective leadership with ability to solve multiple complex problems.
- Strong fact-based decision making skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills (Bilingual in Spanish desired).
- Strong team work, consensus-building and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong data analysis and computer skills including databases and PowerPoint.
- Strong Project management skills.
- Effective teaching, coaching and team development skills.
- Skills for researching new methods and processes.
- Able to interface globally to enhance IUSA processes and tools.
Scope of Work - Main duties, settings, geography, reporting relationships, other relationships:
Directs the activities of the Investment Planning, Master Data, Mapping, Distribution Planning and Reporting groups. Responsible for ensuring the most effective capital projects and programs throughout IUSA are assessed, prioritized, and adequately funded to support company priorities within authorized budgets. Responsible for distribution engineering planning studies, capital investment tracking and analysis, accurate master data, GIS, mapping, and administration of engineering records.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Scope of work - range of responsibilities):
- Oversees the capital investment planning, prioritization, short term and long term plans, tracking, and analysis for all of IUSA. This includes the development of specific 2 year capital budget plans, 5-year capital budget plans, and long range plans. Assess and approve projects and programs for funding, track and accurately report progress monthly toward achieving the capital budgets, provide thorough analysis by company, business unit, and functional responsibility, making adjustments throughout the year to ensure successful implementation of the budget.
- Oversees Distribution Engineering Planning across the Operating Companies, tracking and reporting on reliability, analyzing distribution circuits and recommending projects, including capital investments and maintenance to achieve company goals.
- Oversees the master data and engineering records teams to ensure the company records are accurate, updated in a timely manner, ready and available for use by internal and external users, and stored in compliance with IUSA and regulatory requirements for both electric and gas.
- Oversees the GIS and mapping teams to ensure the GIS models and mapping data and products are accurate, updated in a timely manner, and provided to the user groups to meet internal and regulatory commitments to support safe and reliable electric and gas service to customers.
- Leads or participates in various company initiatives to develop and implement best in class processes and procedures, improving efficiencies, safety, service reliability, capital investments, and other company initiatives.
- Responsible for departmental goals and budgets, employee objectives, development and performance toward achieving the company goals.
- Represents the company on a regular basis with regulators, agencies, customers, and other external entities.
It is preferred that for this job, the candidate fulfills the requirements in terms of levels indicated below. For details of the competencies and the different levels, refer to the Iberdrola Competency model below.
1. Delivering for the Business:
- Global view of the Business – Advanced level
- Achieving Results and continuous improvements - Expert level
- Initiative – Expert level
- Innovation & Creativity - Expert level
2. Global Relationships:
- Flexibility & Globalization - Expert level
- Customer Focus - Expert level
- Communicating & Influencing –Expert level
- Team Work - Expert level
3. Global Leadership:
- Team management – Expert level
- Developing Others - Expert level
Iberdrola IUSA Competency Model
1. Delivering for the Business:
Global view of the Business:
Initial – Knows and understands own area of responsibility.
Competent – Identifies and understands the relationships and links with other areas across the organization.
Advanced – Can identify how his/her own business area contributes to the Iberdrola Group.
Expert – Has a view of the organizational environment and the external market.
Achieving Results and continuous improvements
Initial – Performs work adequately, striving for effectiveness. Achieves agreed goals.
Competent – Creates own working standards, places high demands on him/herself and the results achieved.
Advanced – Makes changes in order to improve performance or results.
Expert – Assumes new challenges, taking calculated risks.
Initial – Solves problems in day-to-day role.
Competent – Acts quickly and decisively in uncertain situations.
Advanced – Anticipates problems and opportunities and acts accordingly.
Expert – Creates opportunities and acts with future vision.
Innovation & Creativity
Initial – Willingly accepts innovative approaches.
Competent – Has innovative ideas by applying experiences and knowledge already learned.
Advanced – Fosters creative, innovative atmosphere in his/her working environment.
Expert – Innovates & creates new concepts (Products, services, processes etc).
2. Global Relationships:
Flexibility & Globalization
Initial – Accepts the need to be flexible, reacts with a positive attitude to changes.
Competent – Adapts his/her way of working to new requirements.
Advanced – Facilitates change, adapts action strategy according to the changes in the internal/external environment.
Expert – Instigates change.
Initial – Responds to customer requests.
Competent – Commits to the Customer.
Advanced – Improves Service for current needs.
Expert – Anticipates future needs.
Communicating & Influencing
Initial – Communicates appropriately with others within the usual working environment.
Competent – Effectively communicates in more complex situations with a variety of people, with whom there may or may not be regular contact.
Advanced – Exerts influence by using persuasive and convincing techniques.
Expert – Uses net work of contacts positively and encourages collaboration to successfully achieve objectives.
Initial – Participates in the team.
Competent – Involves himself/herself proactively in the team.
Advanced – Creates a team.
Expert – Promotes teamwork across departments.
3. Global Leadership:
Initial – Encourages team effectiveness by distributing tasks appropriately.
Competent – Takes each team member into account when making decisions, as well as the team as a whole.
Advanced – Demands High performance.
Expert – His/her team interacts in an optimal way across the organization.
Initial – Carries out specific development actions.
Competent – Performs constant development activities for the team as a whole.
Advanced – Proposes and carries out individual development activities.
Expert – Generates a culture of professional development, contributing to the sustained growth of the organization.
Posted on June 20, 2012____________________________________________________________
Senior Stress Analyst/Engineer
Interested candidates may send their resume and cover letter to Yash Bhatt at his email:
· Responsible for the structural integrity of Landing Gear and Landing Gear System for new,
derivative & existing aircraft.
· Perform the following activities:
· Strength Analysis
· Fatigue Analysis
· Finite Element Analysis
· Establish Qualification Test Requirements
· Create Certification Documents
· Responsible for liaison with customer and external partner/supplier structural engineers.
· Review external partner’s/ supplier’s structural reports for compliance to airworthiness
specifications and customer requirements.
· Provide support in the disposition of structural repairs.
· University degree in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering.
· Strong understanding of the fundamental principles of Solid Mechanics.
· Ability to perform both classical strength and Stress-Life fatigue analyses.
· Proficient with Finite Element Modeling/Analysis.
· Minimum 8-10 years experience in the field of structural engineering.
· Fortran Language and computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge in visual
basic, C and C++ not mandatory but a definite asset.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Knowledge and experience with FAR/JAR/EASA 25 specifications are required.
· Experience with PATRAN and ABAQUS is a definite asset.
· Experience with nCode and Strain-Life fatigue analysis is a definite asset.
Critical Skill Placement with a $5,000 gross award through employee
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity you must submit the following to HR:
1. JOB POSTING APPLICATION FORM quoting the Job posting number
Permanent move – Expat and Secondment assignments will NOT be
Date Posted: Monday, June 18, 2012
Completion date: Friday, June 22, 2012
Projects Office: 6741 Columbus Rd., Suite 102, Mississauga, ON L5T 2G9